Hotmail comes to our mind whenever we think of “top rated email services”. www.Hotmail.co.uk has been one of the top-rated emails on the market since 1997. It was launched by Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith in 1997. It gained popularity pretty quickly since its launch.
Due to the popularity, Hotmail was acquired by Microsoft for a deal of $400 million. It proved to be a great deal of Microsoft as Hotmail didn’t disappoint it. Hotmail became the most used webmail service in 1999. Yahoo mail used to be the only competition for Hotmail.
Everything was going great till 2004 but then Google mail came into the picture. Google launched its webmail services in 2004 with a lot of unique features for free. It gained popularity quickly and became one of the most used webmail services. Looking at the new market threat, Microsoft and Yahoo launched their product again with a lot of new features.
Microsoft changed the name of their product as Outlook from Hotmail in 2013. Everyone get redirected to “outlook.com” when they try to open “hotmail.co.uk”. Microsoft still gives the option to make an email id on the email domain of @hotmail.co.uk.
|Guide||Sign up & Sign in|
|Users Rating||4.9 / 5|
www.Hotmail.co.uk: Main Features (Browser & App)
Hotmail is known for its unique and free features. Let’s have a look at some of the awesome features offered by Hotmail:
- You get a focused inbox on Hotmail.com to help you see only the important emails in your inbox. Hotmail focused inbox filters out all the spam emails and you will get all the important email on the front of your screen whenever you open the inbox.
- You get 5GB of free cloud space on Onedrive with your Hotmail account.
- You can attach up to 100MB of attachment on your email. While in Gmail, you can only attach the file up to 25MB.
- You can attach up to 100MB of attachment on your email. While in Gmail, you can only attach a file up to 25MB.
- Hotmail automatically highlights all the upcoming events and reminds you of all the transaction. You also get a reminder of emails like Movie tickets and Flight tickets with Hotmail.
- You get four integrated features with Hotmail: Contacts, To-do, Tasks, and Calendar.
- It also supports cloud integration from other websites. You can use popular cloud services like Google Drive and Dropbox.
- You can also use your Gmail account to send emails from your Hotmail account with the help of some configuration.
- Hotmail has an app for Windows PC, Android and iOS platform.
- Hotmail is interconnected with facebook. You can communicate with your Facebook friends within your Hotmail account.
Hotmail has a lot of awesome features. You will get to know about them while using the webmail service. Today we are going to talk about how can you Signup and Login on Hotmail UK. We are going to talk about different ways to Sign up and Log in on Hotmail. Follow the steps below to find out:
Signup to www.hotmail.co.uk (From Browser)
We will use a web browser to Signup on Hotmail. The method works for PC as well as Smartphone. We will recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for the process. Follow the article below to Sign up on Hotmail using a browser.
- Open Google Chrome or any other web browser on your device.
- Go to the search tab of your browser and type “www.hotmail.co.uk” and hit enter.
- You will be redirected to the Outlook.com website. You will see “Create Free Account” option in the middle of the web page. Click on it.
- On the new web page, you will be asked to enter a unique username for your new email address. You will also be asked to select an email domain from “hotmail.co.uk” and “outlook.com”. Type a unique username and select an email domain and then click on “Next”.
- You will be asked to create a password on the new web page. Enter a strong password for the security of your account. According to Hotmail: “Passwords must have at least 8 characters and contain at least two of the following: uppercase letters, lowercase letters, numbers, and symbols.”.
- Create a password and then you will see “Send me promotional emails from Microsoft” option below. Check it or uncheck it and then click on “Next”.
- Now, you will be asked to Enter your “First Name” and “Last Name” on the new webpage. Enter it and click on “Next”.
- Now, you will have to enter your Nationality and Date of birth on the new page. Enter it and Click on “Next”.
- Now, you will be asked to enter a security code to verify your identity. Then, Hotmail will ask you to agree to their Terms and condition.
Your Hotmail account will be successfully created. You can also use this method to sign up from Hotmail official app.
Login to www.hotmail.co.uk (From Browser)
- Open a web browser on your device. Go to the search tab and type “https://www.hotmail.co.uk” and hit enter.
- Now, you will see “Sign in” option in the middle of the web page. Click on it.
- You will be asked to enter your Hotmail email address on the page. Enter it and click on “Next”.
- You will have to enter your account password on the new page. Enter it and Click on “Sign in”.
You will be successfully logged into your Hotmail account. You can use the same method to log in from Hotmail official app. Logging in from Hotmail app is the easy and quick process. Hotmail official app is available for all the Smartphones platform. Hotmail also has an app for Windows PC. Enjoy one of the best email web services on your device.